I always thought it was a day for my parents to celebrate the fact that my brothers and I wouldn’t be spending our weekdays at home. A.k.a. back to school and the end of the summer. I was wrong. Labor Day was started in the early 1880’s to exhibit the “the strength and esprit de corps of the trade and labor organizations”. What it really means is that Labor Day is a National Holiday giving everyone a day of rest in appreciation of their hard work during the rest of the year. Here are a few ways we thought of to help you kick back and relax this Labor Day.
- – In case you didn’t know, Labor Day Weekend is the last weekend of the summer that it is acceptable to wear white. So have a white party. Tell your guests that all attire must be white and make sure there are no bright red beverages.
- – I know we love to tell you to go camping on the weekends but the weather should be just about perfect this time of year, and the bugs are minimal. Check out
- to find a place to camp near you!
Go to the Lake
- – Labor Day weekend is one of the biggest weekends in the country for lake goers. Find a cool dock near you and join the party.
- – Most Cities across the country will have a Labor Day Parade, this would be a good time to get out and maybe hit up your local downtown for some funnel cakes and carnie games. If that’s what your into.
I’m reading Managerial Accounting
Congrats, Ashley – You have won the first ever eCampus.com holiday decorations contest! Ashley won with a whopping 61% of the votes! See below for the winning picture as well as the runners up.
I am reading Biology